Ali Talks B'logs

Welcome to swirly inky fun.



Monday 11 July 2011

Creative Expressions Calling Card Challenge.

Have you heard about this challenge to be part of the Creative Expressions design team?
Well here's my entry for 'Calling Card'.

My inspiration was the idea that the steampunk genre comes from the past calling to the future.



    This is how I made it.
1. I created three tags from core-dinations, stamping them with Sam Pooles steampunk stamps and distress inks,[ after sanding and distressing the edges]. I backed the ATC's with stamped Kraft card.
2.I used metal cogs in place of ribbon ties on the tags.

These are the fronts.


These are the backs.
.
.




3. The envelopes are Tim Holtz kraft glassine which I am addicted to at the moment. They have been stamped on with Archival sepia ink, Perfect Medium and cosmic shimmer mica powders. Then heat set
[ which makes the ink sink into the glassine and become permanent.]

4. I die cut three cogs from glassine and scrunched and layered them into a flower, enhancing with more mica powder, a cog and a game spinner. The 'leaves' are two ticket stamps.

5. The envelopes were further embellished with book page strips and further charms. [All charms from Art from the Heart].  The green envelope was embossed with a cuttlebug folder before inking.
I highlighted part of Mr Inventor with dry watercolour pencils. this gave a very ghostly look.
6.The base card is 12x12 core-dinations folded in two, distressed, inked, then criss-crossed with tissue tape which I had coloured with alcohol inks.

Have fun making your own version, I think a pink and purple version with victorian ladies would be great fun to make.   nite all xx

No comments:

Post a Comment